The original Marlow Elementary School was a converted church building that housed students in grades 1 through 11. In 1923, Zion and Sand Hill schools consolidated into Marlow. The ruins of the old abandoned building are barely visible today next to Marlow Methodist Church.
In 1935, a new brick school was built on Highway 17. Consolidation of all Effingham County high schools in 1957 left Marlow as an elementary school only. A modern elementary school was built further south on Highway 17 in 2005 to accommodate the growing population and replace the aging building.